Whether you’re new to PayGo or just tailoring your software to better suit your needs, your Workstation Setup screen is full of customizable options and important settings to make your software work perfectly just for you! As opposed to the Company Setup screen, which will set options for your entire company, your Workstation Setup will set options that are unique to your particular location and workstation. Read on to learn more about your Workstation Setup screen and what it can do for you.
To access your Workstation Setup screen, click the Menu button at the top of any central screen, and then select Admin Central. From there, click the Workstation Setup button. This will open the Workstation Setup screen for your profile.
At the top of the Workstation Setup screen, you will see four buttons.
Done: This will save your changes and bring you back to your Admin & Settings screen. This may take a moment depending on the changes you made.
Set Defaults: Clicking this will revert your workstation settings back to their original configuration (as in, the settings that were in use the first time you used your software).
Rename: Clicking this will allow you to rename your current workstation profile.
CC Utility: This is used to configure your credit card processing software.
Your Workstation Setup screen consists of six tabs.
The Workstation tab allows you to set basic settings for your software.
Workstation Type: This is where you will set what type of Sale screen you wish to use. You can choose from Café, Retail – Basic, Retail – Combo, Retail – Oneshot, Retail – Touch, Restaurant – Touch, or Back Office. Retail – Oneshot is the most frequently used setting, but you can easily change the workstation type to experiment with which screen is right for your stores.
Remember last user: this option controls whether your software will remember which user was last to log in.
Receipt Footer Text: This is where you can enter a personalized message to appear at the bottom of all of your store’s receipts.
Store ID: This is where you can set which store you’re setting up the workstation for.
When converting quotes to orders, move to Store: If you regularly fulfill orders from only one store, you can automatically set that store as the location on all of your orders. Note: This can be changed on your individual orders if necessary.
When posting purchase orders, move to Store: If you typically receive purchase orders from only one store, you can automatically set that store as the location of all of your purchase orders. Note: This can be changed on your individual purchase orders if necessary.
Touchscreen Pref: If you use a touchscreen-friendly workstation type, you can set the touchscreen buttons to show your Departments, or individual Items.
Printer ID: This is where you will set the ID of your main printer. This may be rendered unusable if you are using PrintNode for your printing needs.
In addition to these fields, you will see three buttons: Print Setup, Layout Setup, and Report Setup. These buttons will open a script window for customization. It is recommended that you consult with PayGo before making changes to these features.
On this tab, you can set up parameters for basic functions within your PayGo software. This section covers settings for CreditCard processing and buttons, Invoice settings, basic Preference settings, Restaurant printing preferences, Inventory tracking settings, Localize information format, and Printing preferences. For a step-by-step guide on this section, see Workstation Parameters.
Within this tab, you can set general invoice and sale settings. You’ll see 25 numbered settings.
- Default Invoice Printout Style: This will set which format you’d like your receipts to print when a sale is completed. Your available options are to send the customer an Email copy, print out a Full Page or traditional Receipt, or to save the invoice to your computer as a PDF.
- Prompt to delete when leaving sales screen: This will allow you to set or disable a pop-up window asking if you’d like to delete the sale as opposed to leaving it open. Your options are yes/no, if no items on invoice, or Autodelete.
- Require Customer IDs on every invoice: This yes/no setting will set whether your Sale screen will require verification that each customer’s ID has been checked.
- When entering invoice, start at field: This will set which field your cursor will be set on. Your choices are the Item Search field or the Customer Search
- Receipt/Invoice Copies: This will set how many copies of the invoice will print when a sale is posted.
- Receipt/Invoice copies on Credit Card Payment: This will set how many receipt copies will print out when a customer pays with a credit card.
- Default Starting Till Amount: This is where you will set your till amount when opening a new till.
- When posting a sale, do the following: This is where you can set what your software will do when a sale is posted. Your options are to automatically start a New Sale, prompt a pop-up Options window (this window will have three buttons: to view all Open Sales, start a New Sale or View Sale that you just posted.), Close Invoice, Relogin to your software, Relogin and open a New Sale, Relogin and open the Open Sales window, or Relogin and open the User Sales
- If balance due is a credit, save as in-store credit for balances over (leave blank to ignore): This will automatically prompt all refunds or balances over a certain dollar amount to be applied as in-store credit. This option will require the customer to be registered in your Customer Accounts.
- Gift Certificate Type: your PayGo software comes with default gift card and gift certificate options, with the item IDs 999 and 994, and are set up to automatically generate tracking numbers and printout options. However, if your store already has its own gift card system, you can opt out of the PayGo defaults by selecting External.
- Print Credit Slip on Credit Cards: This yes/no option will set whether you want to print a credit slip in addition to a receipt when running credit cards.
- Prompt for Check No. and Prompt for Credit Card Auth: These yes/no options will set whether your software will request to record the check number or credit card authorization number when accepting payments.
- Store Customer Bill To/Ship To on Invoice: These yes/no options will set whether a customer’s Ship To and Bill To addresses will be added to invoices.
- Discount Reasons and Discount Default Method: This is where you will see a list of your active Discount Reasons as set in the Discounts and Pricing Programs screen, which can be accessed by the Discounts and Pricing Programs button on your Admin & Settings You can set your Discount Default Method in the drop-down field from your list of active discounts.
- When posting invoice, prompt for Gift Receipt: This yes/no option will set whether a pop-up message will ask if you would like to print out a gift receipt whenever a sale is posted.
- Prompt Zip/Postal Code when empty: This yes/no option will set a pop-up reminder to enter the customer’s zip code on the invoice.
- Default Shipping Method: Select your most-used shipping method from the drop-down field.
- Show change due on invoice post: This yes/no option will set whether a customer’s change due will appear on a posted invoice.
- Invoice List: this option is where you can set whether your Invoice Lists will be listed as either Simple (limited information shown) or Detailed (detailed information shown).
- Use Quick Add on Invoice: This yes/no option will set whether you use the Quick Add feature when entering payment on an invoice.
- Tip Authorization %: If you would like to automatically add a gratuity to your invoices, you can set the percentage charged here.
- Access Invoice Pref: This will set if your Invoice Preferences can be viewed or altered by All employees, or Owners
- Omit Discontinued Items: This yes/no option will set whether or not to omit discontinued items in a Product Search.
- Round Total to .05: This yes/no option will round your invoice totals to the nearest five cents.
- Credit Card: This option will set how your software will run credit cards. PayGo recommends using Paygistix for your credit card processing.
This tab will cover settings for your Customer Accounts. Within this tab, you can set up groups and categories to organize your customer accounts in order to improve record keeping within your stores as well as creating and utilizing targeted marketing campaigns.You can set your customer Record types, and contact Note types. You can also set whether your customer accounts will record qualifying out-of-state customers as tax exempt, and set a preferred tax profile for the applicable out-of-state customers. Tax tables can be set in the Company Setup screen.
This is where you can set inventory and purchase order settings.
Unit Values: This is where you will set unit types for your inventory, such as weight, quantity and size.
Adjustment Reasons: This is where you can specify particular reasons for changing an inventory count in your records.
Default Label Type for New Inventory: if you tend to use a particular label type in your store, you can set it here to be automatically applied to new inventory items.
Serial Number Select Method: If you track serial numbers on your products, you can set whether the serial numbers are captured with a scanner, or if you will choose each item’s serial number from an existing serial number list.
Default View Tab: This is where you can set the default detail tab that will be shown when viewing or adding new inventory in your Product screens.
Purchase Order Settings
Default Print Output Preference: This is where you can set whether your purchase orders will be set to print as a Full Page paper, Email format or savable PDF.
Default Cost Calc (calculation) Method: This is where you will set the cost calculation method to be applied on your purchase orders. You can select Actual or Extended costs.
This tab is where you will set up PrintNode information for your software. On this tab, you can download PrintNode, set your login and username information, and define all the printers on your store’s system.