Part 1: Overview And File Types
Creating exports of Inventory information is relatively easy in PayGo. It can export information to a file in one of several formats with your Inventory information. The formats recommended for your target file are as follows (there are other formats available if the product you are using requires them, but here is a list of commonly used ones):
Tab-separated text document (.tab or .txt)
Comma-separated text document (.csv or .txt)
FileMaker Pro 12 document (.fmp12)
Part 2: Exporting Your Data
1. Start PayGo.
2. On the central Product screen click Find Inventory
3. For the find request, you want to type in the desired information you are seeking. If you simply want all records exported, enter in Item ID in the Search Field, and an * in the Search Criteria field.
Then click Find. This will bring up every Inventory record in the database.
4. On the button bar at the top of the screen, click the Export button.
5. A message will appear asking if you wish to Import or Export, click Export.
6. A file window will appear asking for the location to save your exported Inventory file and what type to use (covered earlier in the introduction to this document). Choose a location to put your file, and a file type, and click Save.
7. A window will appear named Specify Field Order For Export this window allows you to choose which fields you are interested in exporting to another file.
Popular field names for Exporting in PayGo Inventory database are as listed below The label in the program is listed first, then the actual field name in PayGo (If any you want are not listed, please contact us for the field name):
Inventory – Basic Field List:
Inventory Item Information
Item Name: Item_Name
Manufacturer Item Number: Manufacturer_Item_Number
Item Long Description: Item_Long_Description
Quote Comment: Quote_Comment
VendorItem# (SKU): Vendor_SKU
Old Barcode (ID): Barcode_Old
Current Vendor: Vendor_Preferred
On Hand Count: Quantities_Start
Costs And Pricing:
Last Cost: Cost_Last
Suggested Retail: Price_Suggested_Retail
Our Retail: Price_Our_Retail
Sale Price: Price_Sale
8. On the Specify Field Order For Export window, in the upper-left-hand corner, there is a drop-down menu, which should say Current Layout. This tells FileMaker to only display the fields on the current layout in the selection box below it. Click on the dropdown arrow, and choose Current Table (inventory_data) to display all the fields in the inventory table.
9. Now you can choose fields from the list of available fields below and click the >> Move >> button to move them to the list of fields you wish to export to your file (shown on the right of the window). If you simply want all fields, choose Move All
10. When you are sure you have all the data you are looking for, click the Export button.
11. The software will attempt to perform your Export – if there are many records to export the program will inform you of it’s progress, if you only export a few it may take as little as 5 seconds to finish. You will not receive a separate message when the Export is complete.
12. Check the location you chose to save your file and verify you got the data you needed from the PayGo software.
13. You are finished!