Creating a Purchase Order
Ordering new items for your store can be complicated, but PayGo makes it easy. With all of your vendor and inventory information in place, you can restock your store with a few clicks of a button!
Creating a New Purchase Order
On your central Purchase Orders screen, click the New Purchase Order button. You can access your Purchase Orders screen via the Menu button. Alternately, you can click the Plus button next to the Purchase Orders button on your Menu. Both methods will open the Order Creation – Purchase Order screen.
For more information on the Purchase Order screen, see Purchase Order Screen – Basics.
In the Vendor Information box, you will see two tabs: Name and Summary. In the Name tab, enter the vendor name and information.
- If you are ordering through a vendor that you have already added to your PayGo software, that vendor’s information will auto-populate when you choose their name in the drop-down menu that appears when you click in the Vendor Namefield.
- If you have chosen a vendor that you would like to change basic information for, you can click the pencil button next to the Vendor Name field. This will take you to the Vendor/Consignor/Manufacturer Entry screen, where you can change or update your records.
- If you are ordering from a new vendor and need to enter their information into your software, click the New Vendor button at the top of the screen. This will take you to the Vendor/Consignor/Manufacturer Entry screen.
In the Summary tab, you can view the Account Number, Payment Terms, and On Order Balance associated with the vendor selected. Both the Account Number and Payment Terms fields are populated by the information provided in the Vendor/Consignor/Manufacturer Entry screen. To view the On Order Balance for the specified vendor, click on the word Set next to the field.
In the Order Information box, you are able to enter shipping and payment information for this purchase order under three tabs: Order Info, Ship To, and Bill To.
The Order Info tab is where you can enter details about when the order has been placed, when it should arrive, which store the order is for, and information on any possible order cancellation. In the Ship To tab, you are able to set where the purchase order is being sent. And in the Bill To tab, you can set who will be paying for the purchase order.
The Totals box is where you will set all cost information, from discounts to shipping and handling costs to any possible insurance paid on the shipment.
Adding Items to a Purchase Order
After a vendor has been assigned to the Purchase Order using the fields in the Vendor Information box, items can be searched for and added to the Purchase Order.
To find an item that you have previously ordered using PayGo’s Purchase Order tools, enter the item’s information in the Item field, located in the Search For Item box. To perform a search, click anywhere outside of the field and you will be taken to the Inventory Items screen where all items meeting your search terms will be listed. On this screen, you can click the Omit Discontnd button to omit all discontinued items from the search. You can also sort the item list by clicking the Sort button, which will take you to a pop-up screen where you can choose how you would like to sort.
From there, you can add items to your purchase order in a few ways:
- To add all items in the list to your purchase order, click the Set All to PO button.
- To add one item on the list to your purchase order, click the plus sign to the left of each item.
- To add a certain amount of each item, type in the number you would like to add in the Set Qty field, and then click the Add button at the top right of the screen.
- To add an item to the purchase order that you have not previously had in your store, click the New Inventory button at the top of the Purchase Order Screen. This will take you to the Inventory Quick Add screen.
For more information on adding inventory, see Adding Inventory to PayGo With the Inventory Quick Add Screen.
If you are reordering items that you have previously set with a minimum on-hand amount in the Inventory Screen, you can use the Items Needed button at the top of the screen to show you how many of those items need to be ordered to fulfill your minimums. To use this tool, click the Items Needed button. It will take you to the Inventory Items screen, which will have the items listed. To add a single item to the purchase order from this screen, click the plus button to the left of each item listed. If you would like to add several items from this list, type in the number of each item you would like to order in the Set Qty field, and click the Add button at the top right of the screen. The items will be added to your purchase order.
You can also see what items you have ordered from the vendor you have selected by clicking the All Items button. This will take you to the Inventory Items screen, which will show you a complete list of items you have ordered from this vendor.
If you keep your inventory lists on any kind of file-making program or spreadsheet, you can choose to import the file by clicking the Import File button at the top of the screen. This will take you to the Import Buddy screen.
Recommended files include:
- Tab-separated text document (.tab or .txt)
- Comma-separated text document (.csv or .txt)
- Microsoft Excel document, preferably single sheet (.xls)
When all items have been added to the purchase order, click the Commit PO button at the top right of the Purchase Order Screen. A pop-up box will ask if you would like to print out the purchase order, and you can either choose to Print or Skip. Another pop-up box will state that your purchase order has been committed.