The workstation setup is a key feature of configuring the behavior of your specific workstation. Each computer connecting to your PayGo has the ability to be configured its own unique way.
NOTE: In PayGo WebDirect, a workstation’s setup must be specified via an Employee Workstation Profile. Learn more by clicking on All About Workstation Profiles.
Click the Workstation Setup button on the Main Menu to access PayGo’s Workstation Setup screen.
Below is an introduction to the buttons, tabs, and fields available within the Workstation Setup screen.
Close: Clicking on the Close button saves the information you have entered into the Workstation Setup screen and closes it.
Set Defaults: When you click the Set Defaults button it will convert all workstation setup options to the factory defaults.
Rename Workstation: Click here to rename the workstation you are presently working on.
Workstation List: To view all of the workstations that have been configured on the machine you are working on click the Workstation List button. You will then be able to see the Workstation List screen. On it, each workstation is defined along with its name, date last modified, workstation type, and CC processing type.
CC Utility: This button is for Paygistix Cloud clients using Macs. This button is used when setting up those clients with their credit card processing. Typically the Support Team technician working with you on the install is the only one who ever uses this button.
1. Select whether or not you would like to use FileMaker’s built-in PDF capability for reports. Checking the box allows you to print PDFs from PayGo. Note: Deprecated in PayGo 5.5
2. Select a Workstation Type. There are 3 options:
3. Remember Last User? Select Y for yes, if you want the system to remember the username of the last person who logged in to your PayGo software. It will default the name when logging into the application.
4. Label Printer: Set to either Cognitive or Zebra, depending upon which printer you are using.For those using a version of PayGo earlier than 5.5: Depending on your selection, select the corresponding tab below this field. For Cognitive, place the COM port name in the COM Port field. For Zebra, select the correct printer driver.
5. Receipt Footer Text: Enter the text you would like to have print at the bottom of the receipt in this field.
6. Use Card Swipe Login: Select Y for yes if you want for your employees to use a card to login each day. Note: Deprecated in PayGo 5.5.
7. Store ID:Select the store the workstation is being set up in so that all work done on this workstation is assigned to the appropriate store.
8. When converting quotes to orders, move to Store: This is for multi-site retailers who may work with a customer at one location, build a quote (sale) for the customer on products that are at another location. This is a unique situation. Most stores do not make use of this field.
9. When posting purchase orders, move to Store:This is for multi-site retailers. When the workstation you are setting up is receiving in Purchase Orders, which location do you want that merchandise assigned to? Select that store in this field.
10. Touchscreen Pref: If your workstation is a touch screen computer, you can choose Department or Items. If you choose Department, the buttons on the screen will be department names that you can then click on to get to items. If you select Items, the buttons will be the items and will go onto the sale with one touch.
11. COM Port for Pole Display:This has been deprecated and is no longer in use. The Port List field accompanying it is also no longer in use.
12. Welcome Message: You can enter up to 20 characters to have a Welcome message print on your receipts in this field.
13. Thanks Message: You can enter up to 20 characters to have a Thanks message print on your receipts in this field.
14. Printer ID: Please Submit a Support Ticket for assistance with this. Our team will be happy to assist you as this step is more involved than it appears.
The Settings Tab and the Global Settings Tab are for handling integrations and connecting with databases beyond PayGo. Most of the time entering information into the fields of these tabs is handled by a member of our Support Team. Visit Settings and Global Settings in PayGo’s Workstation Setup to learn more about these Tabs.
Invoice: In the Invoice Settings tab you will be making choices that impact how your team interacts with your customer at the point of sale.
1. Default Invoice Printout Style: Select how you would like for customers to receive their receipt (invoice output in tech-speak). Options include: Email, Full Page, or Receipt.
2. Prompt to delete sale when leaving sales screen?: There may be times when you want to start an invoice and save even if no items have been added. This is where you would control that behavior. Available options include:
3.Require Customer ID’s on every Invoice?: If Y is selected, PayGo will not let the user post a sale until a customer is entered.
4. When entering invoice, start at field: Dictates where the cursor goes when starting a new sale.
5. Receipt/Invoice Copies: Indicates the number of Receipts (or Invoices) to print when posting an invoice (sales transaction).
6. Receipt/Invoice Copies on Credit Card Payment: Indicates the number of Receipts (or Invoices) to print when posting an invoice with a credit card payment.
7. Default Starting Till Amount: Placing a number in this field triggers the till feature of PayGo. It also uses the amount entered as the default amount when creating a new till.
8. When posting a sale, do the following: This feature allows you to determine what PayGo should do after you post a sale.
9. If balance due is a credit, save as in-store credit for balances over (leave blank to ignore): If you’d like to establish a minimum amount for in-store credit balances you can enter the minimum dollar amount in this field.
10. Gift Certificate Type: Select PayGo if you want a gift certificate receipt to generate and print when a gift certificate is sold. Select External if you use gift cards or paper gift certificates and you want PayGo to track them. PayGo will prompt you for the gift certificate or gift card number, so that the certificate is stored and tracked. For more information, please check out Gift Certificate Tracking.
11. Print Credit Slip on Credit Cards?: Select Y, if you want PayGo to print its own slip for the customer to sign when a credit card is used.
12. Prompt for Check No.: Select Y to have PayGo prompt for the check number when using Check as the payment method. Prompt for Credit Card Auth: Select Y to make PayGo prompt for an authorization number when using any credit card as the payment method.
13. Store Customer Bill To on Invoice:/Ship To:If you are using PayGo for mail order or eCommerce, select Y here. This will store the invoice Bill-To and/or Ship-To address along with the document information.
14. Discount Reasons: Define the discount reasons that will appear when discounting items on the sales/invoice screen. Defaults in PayGo are: Good Will, Sale, Fun Discount, Wrong Price. You can add more reasons by clicking in the box after the last entry and typing in what you want. Press enter after each entry to separate. You can delete any reasons that you do not want displaying as options. Delete all data in this field to have PayGo ignore all discount reasons.
Default Discount Method:Selecting a discount method here will cause PayGo to automatically select this method when applying discounts.
15. When posting invoice, prompt for Gift Receipt: Select Y if you want PayGo to ask you if you want to print out a gift receipt while the invoice is posting.
16. Prompt Zip / Postal Code when empty: Do you want PayGo to prompt you to enter a zip code if the field is empty? This is great for tracking where your customers are from. Several of our customers in popular destination cities and resort towns use this tool for making marketing decisions.
17. Default Shipping Method: This is deprecated in PayGo 5.5.
18. Show change due on invoice post: Select Y to have a window pop up that displays the change due after posting a sale/invoice.
19. Invoice List Style:Allows you to chose between the “simple” and “detail” options for displaying your invoices on the find invoice and open invoice screens.
20. Use Quick Add On Invoice: This is deprecated in PayGo 5.5.
21. Tip authorization %: When a guest credit card is authorized, PayGo will authorize with the percentage added to the original amount.
22. Access Invoice Pref: You have the option of selecting All or Owner in this field. Select All if you want any user able to enter any invoice. Select Owner if you want to limit access to the user that invoice belongs to (the user who created the invoice in PayGo).
23. Omit Discontinued Items: Select Y to keep items marked as discontinued or internal use from displaying when searching for an item to add to the invoice. NOTE: If an item I.D. is entered directly into the system it will be added to the invoice regardless of this setting.
24. Round Total to .05: This will round to the nickel. This function is for Canada users.
25. Credit Card Processing: Here most users will select paygistix from the list, since they are our integrated credit card processing partner. Other options are paygo_cp for Card Present accounts and paygo_moto for Mail Order accounts.
In the Customer Settings tab you can identify how you want to track your customers.
1. Record Types: Organize your customers by defining types. PayGo has Lead, Customer, and Inactive as available types. Add more types by clicking in the box after the last entry and enter the type you want. Press enter after each entry to separate.
2. Contact Note Types: When creating customer contact notes, PayGo will use the values here under the Popup list for the note Subject. Add more types by clicking in the box after the last entry and entering the type you want. Press enter after each entry to separate.
3. Mark Out of state customers tax exempt: Select Y This is a yes Y or no N answer that controls if a customer you enter that is not in the same state as the company will be charged tax.
4. Tax table matching pref: If you have tax situations different from the subtotal of the invoice being multiplied by the tax rates, CJI representatives can assist with setting this up. This is a unique feature not used by the majority of our customers.
Define how you want inventory ordered and received in using the Inventory Tab fields.
1. Unit Values: Define inventory quantities by entering measurement units in this field. After each value, hit the enter/return button. Common Unit Values include: ea, box, carton, bottle.
2. Adjustment Reasons: Values entered in this field will display when clicking into the adjustment reason field while performing adjustments. Enter values in a list, separating each value by hitting enter/return.
3. Default Label Type For New Inventory: Select the label type that you most commonly print on for new inventory. This value is overridden by department defaults, if applicable. Label Types include: Bolt, Butterfly, Rectangle, Split, Skinny, Custom, and Avery. If most items in your inventory do not require labels, you can select Don’t Print.
4. Serial number select method: Select Choose from List to choose the serial number from a list. Select Use Scanner to have PayGo prompt for serial number with a scan dialog.
5. Default View Tab: Select which tab is displayed by default on the Inventory screen.
In the Purchase Order section of the Inventory Tab:
6. Default Print Output Preference: Select Full Page to print out P.O.s on a full page. Select Email to email P.O.s to vendors. You can also select PDF.
7. Default Cost Calc Method: Typically set to Actual, which means that you enter in the cost per unit for an item. Select Extended if your vendor does not provide you with a unit cost.
The Authorize.net Tab may be disregarded as this tab will be removed as it is no longer applicable.