Receipt, label print jobs and credit card transactions in PayGo WebDirect are processed using a FileMaker Pro connection to the PayGo server, called PayGo Spooler. When PayGo WebDirect is installed on your computer, your PayGo Technician will install the Open PayGo Spooler file on one computer per store. They will ask to put it on the desktop of the computer in your store that is handling the majority of print-related functions. It is then considered the Spooler Computer.
Your Open PayGo Spooler file will look like:
1. On the Spooler computer, double-click on the Open PayGo Spooler file, which should be located on your computer’s desktop.
2. In the user name field, enter your PayGo user name. (Any PayGo user can be entered here.)
3. In the user password field, enter the user’s PayGo password.
4. Click the orange arrow next to the password field.
5. If the Specify Store ID is empty, select your Store ID from the dropdown.
6. Click the Run As PayGo Spooler button.
The spooler will now process all print jobs as they are generated.
Leave the window open to allow the PayGo Spooler to continue running. If you’d like, you can minimize the application. Once started, the PayGo Spooler can continue to run without any interaction. It should only turn off and require restarting if the computer is shut down.
Background: Because of shortcomings when printing to Receipt and Label printers via a web browser, we developed a way to process print jobs using a FileMaker Pro connection to the PayGo server.