PayGo Point of Sale Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Answers to some of PayGo Point of Sale’s most Frequently Asked Questions are available below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, please search our Knowledgebase or submit your question to our support team through our Help Desk by clicking here.
Q: What are the Barcode Label types?
A: The current supported label formats are:
- Rectangle Label: 2 x 1 – This is the largest label.
- Split Label: Two 1 x 1 labels, side-by-side essentially a rectangle label split in half.
- Skinny Label: 2 x 0.5 – less height for smaller items such as bolts of fabric
Note: We can customize a label to fit your specific needs. If you would like to have a label customized please email firstname.lastname@example.org, submit a support ticket by clicking here, or reach out to your original PayGo sales consultant.
Q: How do I add shipping charges?
On the Invoice screen, go to the field labeled “Search Item” and type in “shipping”. You should be asked to input a dollar value. Input what you want to charge for shipping.
Q: How do I sell a gift certificate?
- On an open invoice, go to the Item ID field and type the Item ID of the gift certificate (or type gift certificate).
- Press Enter on your number keypad.
- PayGo will see that it is a Gift Certificate and a Gift Certificate pop up window will appear, requiring you to enter the amount. You can also enter To, From and Message if you wish, but it is not required.
- Click on Continue.
- You can continue with the sale. Once you post the sale, a gift certificate receipt will print out.
Q: Can I use special characters in searches to find a range of records?
A: From almost any Find screen in PayGo POS, you can use special characters to facilitate searching for a record or group of records.To find a range of records, you can use:
- Greater than > and less than < symbols. For example to find all of the customers with a Customer ID greater than 3586, you can enter >3586 in the Customer ID data entry field.
- Greater than and equal to >= and less than and equal to <=. For example, to find all customer records created on or after 4/1/2003, you would enter >= 4/1/2003 in the Create Date data entry field in the Customer Find screen.
- Use an ellipses … to find records within a range with the beginning and end of the range specified. For example, if you want to see a report showing the sales between December 26th, 2016 and January 6th, 2017, in the Report Find screen in the Search Criteria data entry field, you can enter 12/26/16…1/6/17.
Q: Can I assign and track items with serial numbers?
A: To setup an inventory item for serial number tracking use the following steps:
- Find the item in your database using Find Inventory from your main menu.
- In the Requires Serial Number field, select Y.
- This inventory item will now require that you scan the serial number when the item comes in and when you sell it.
Enjoy this article? Remember sharing is caring!