Exporting Lists for Email Marketing
Are you keeping your customers excited about what your store has to offer? Email can be a great way to generate and maintain excitement about what’s in your store. We know, we know, so many people say that social media is where it’s at. These 2016 statistics might surprise you:
- According to Campaign Monitor, you are 6x more likely to get a click through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
- Email is 40x more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter according to the researchers at McKinsey.
- Sources vary on the dollar amount of email ROI. Some say $38 per $1 spent, some say as much as $44 per $1 spent. Either way, those are some pretty nice numbers.
It’s easy to generate email lists within PayGo and to export them into an email marketing tool like Constant Contact, the provider we have started using at PayGo.
Here are super simple instructions for exporting an email only list from PayGo so it can be used with an email service like Constant Contact:
- Start PayGo
- On the Main Menu screen, click the Find Customer button: .
- Select email for the Search
- Put an * (asterisk) in the open field.
- Click on the Perform Find button: .
- A screen with all of your customers who have emails entered into the system will come up:
- In the next screen, click on the Export/Import button: .
- A pop-up will ask if you wish to export or import data.
- Click export.
- Save the data you wish to export. Save As: Name the file. Perhaps Customer Emails followed by the date.Where: Select the location on your computer where you would like the data stored. Documents, Dropbox, and Desktop are all popular locations. Select the type of file you would like to save your data as. Constant Contact accepts: .xls, .xlsx, .vcf, .csv, .txt I usually save mine as a .xlsx file.
- Follow the prompted instructions for the type of file you have selected.
We use Constant Contact for our email newsletters and email marketing. We do recommend them and can assist with setting up Constant Contact Accounts and campaigns. For details email us at email@example.com.
Enjoy this article? Remember sharing is caring!