You can export vendor information from your PayGo software into one of several formats. The formats recommended for your target file are:
Tab-separated text document (.tab or .txt)
Comma-separated text document (.csv or .txt)
FileMaker Pro 12,13, 14, 15 or 16 document (.fmp12)
Other formats are available. The above are the most commonly used ones.
1. Start PayGo.
2. On the Main Menu click Find Vendor.
3. For the find request, type in the information you are seeking. For instance, if you only want to export Email addresses, you should put an asterisk (*) in the email field. If you simply want all records exported, put an * in the Company (or Vendor) Name field. Click on Find.
4. On the button bar at the top of the screen, click the Export Import button.
5. A message will appear asking if you wish to Import or Export, click Export.
6. A file window will appear asking for the location to save your exported customer file and what type to use (covered earlier in the introduction to this document). Choose a location to put your file, and a file type, and click Save.
7. A window will appear named Specify Field Order For Export. This window allows you to choose which fields you are interested in exporting to another file.
Popular field names for Exporting in PayGo’s vendor table are as listed below The label in the program is listed first, then the actual field name in PayGo (if any field you want is not listed, please contact us and request the field name):
Vendor Name: Vendor_Name
Phone Number: Phone_Number
Mobile Phone: Cel_Phone
Fax Number: Fax Num
8. On the Specify Field Order For Export window, in the upper-left hand corner, there is a drop-down menu, which says Current Layout. This tells FileMaker to only display the fields on the current layout in the selection box below it. Click on the dropdown arrow, and choose Current Table(podb.vendor) to display all the fields in the vendor table.
9. Now you can choose fields from the list of available fields below and click the >> Move >> button to move them to the list of fields you wish to export to your file (shown on the right of the window). If you simply want all fields, select Move All.
10. When you are sure you have all the data you are looking for, click the Export button.
11. The software will attempt to perform your export. If there are many records to export, the program will inform you of it’s progress. If you only export a few records, it may take as little as 5 seconds to finish. You will not receive a separate message when the export is complete.
12. Check the location you chose to save your file and verify you have the data you needed from the PayGo software.
13. You are finished!
PayGo is a solution provider for independent retailers based in Rochester, Minnesota. Our primary focus is on point of sale / retail management software. We also offer a Merchant Account integration, a WooCommerce integration, Digital Marketing Services, and more.