Constant Contact invited me to be a Small Business Coach at their Look Great in the Inbox: the Do’s and Don’ts of Email Marketing presentation held in honor of Small Business Week. I was there to coach small businesses on digital and email marketing after the presentation. During the presentation, I sat in the front row and took notes on my laptop. You kind of have to be a geek at heart to work for PayGo.
Here’s my top 5 takeaways from the Constant Contact presentation:
- When an email doesn’t look good on a mobile device, 80% of people delete them right away, 30% unsubscribe.
- The click-through-rate (the number of times people click on a link in your email) is more important than the open rate of your e-mails.
- If you’re using a video in your email, make sure to mention it in the subject line. People are 50% more likely to open an email when they know there is a video within it. Keep the video under 90-seconds.
- If you have an online store like WooCommerce, you can put images in your email with links that allow your customers to buy the item with just a couple of clicks.
- Use a Master Template! If you copy an email or newsletter that you’ve sent out to use the next time you send something out, sooner or later you’re likely to run into difficulties as there are layers of code that will build up.
PayGo uses Constant Contact for all of its email marketing. We find it the most effective tool for getting valuable content to our current and prospective customers. We’ve also started to help our customers achieve their digital marketing goals with Constant Contact. Do you need help with your email marketing? To learn more about how our team can help you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PayGo is a solution provider for independent retailers based in Rochester, Minnesota. Our primary focus is on point of sale / retail management software. We also offer a Merchant Account integration, a WooCommerce integration, Digital Marketing Services, and more.